The Kentucky High School Mock Trial Association, Inc. (KHSMTA) is a newly formed non-profit corporation 501(c)(3) whose organizational mission is to encourage high school students throughout the Commonwealth to participate in an exciting competition called “Mock Trial”.
Our mission is to increase awareness of the law and justice system in high school students, by encouraging schools to form more mock trial teams and participate in the regional and statewide competition. We hope to foster a positive learning environment, cultivate young minds, and instill a love for competition and fair justice.
Benefits of mock trial
- Develops public speaking skills
- Teaches students the legal system
- Creates leaders in the courtroom, school, and community
- Promotes a positive environment of advocacy
- Prepares students to think on their feet
State Champions 2017
Highlands High School -- Ft. Thomas, Kentucky